North America (NA) Regional Congress Concluding Statement
- The North America representatives of EPDP held their congress in Indianapolis, IN from June 9-10/2012. The congress was held under the theme of “We struggle to establish a democratic state of Eritrea that safeguards its sovereignty and territorial integrity and coexists in peace with its neighbors.” Over 60 EPDP members from different branches/chapters participated in the congress.
- The Congress discussed the comprehensive report of the last two years presented by the outgoing chair of the NA region, Mr. Woldu Negasi. The report provided objective assessment of the NA region, focusing on accomplishments of plans drawn earlier, the challenges faced, the way forward, and identified areas in which adequate and measurable progress were made. The congress approved plans drawn for North America region for the next two years.
- The Congress reaffirmed its strong support for the peaceful and democratic principle our Party adopted in its last congress as the most effective and viable means to get rid of the PFDJ regime from power and as a crucial element, which lays a strong foundation in building a sustainable and democratic Eritrea.
- The congress deliberated on departmental reports submitted by department heads and senior staff members. Congress stressed the importance of strengthening the relationship between EPDP departments and North America regional administration in promoting and enhancing the role of North America regional administration.
- Calls on EPDP members and all concerned Eritreans to support the national initiative of the Coordinating Committee of Eritrean National Democratic Forces (CC-ENDF), which underpins people-centred peaceful means of struggle for democratic change, rule of law, and representative democratic governance in Eritrea.
- The congress recognized the pivotal role of Eritrean youth and women in the struggle for democratic change in Eritrea, and thereby supported the cooperation between EPDP and Eritrean youth at all levels.
- The congress expressed strong support to the stand our Party took for the March 15, 2012 Ethiopian military attack 17 Km inside Eritrean territory. The congress reaffirmed our Party’s stand can play a positive role in the relationship between the countries.
- The congress noted the recent military skirmishes between Eritrean and Ethiopian forces along the border of the two countries. The congress calls on the two countries to stop the conflict immediately and solve their differences peacefully and amicably.
- The congress discussed the state of affairs of the Eritrean opposition forces against the PFDJ regime. To achieve strong, effective, and concerted struggle against the PFDJ regime, the congress calls on all opposition forces, independent individuals, civic society groups to work in a spirit of collaboration and harmony towards a concrete action.
- Congress elected seven and two alternate leaders to lead EPDP North America regional administration for the next two years.
EPDP North America Regional Congress
June 10, 2012
|< Prev||Next >|
أعضاء وأصدقاء الحزب يلتقون بمرشح المستشارية الألمانية في السابع من مايو 2013م التقى وفدٌ يتكون من أعضاء وأصدقاء...
The Annual Wadisherify Eritrean Refugee School and Eritrean War Disabled Veterans Fundraising Event Held Successfully in the Bay Area, California, USA The Eritrean Democratic Association (EDA), Bay Area, California USA chapter held its 2013 Wadisherifey...
ENDF Mourns Former Colleague and Compatriot, Amare Gebremariam It is with deep sadness that the Coordination Committee of the Eritrean National Democratic Forces (ENDF)...
Exemplary EPDP Youth-Dominated Branch Holds 5th General Assembly since Start of 2013 The Central Germany branch of the Eritrean People’s Democratic Party (EPPD) held its unfailing monthly...
Eritrea "celebrates" 20 years of terror Eritreans celebrating that the independence referendum gave a clear "yes" vote in April 1993 © Milton...
Harnnet.Org Requests Readers to Sign on Amnesty Petition on Eritrea Amnesty International, the human rights advocacy of great world renown, has issued a petition asking...
EPDP Members, Friends Explain Situation in Eritrea to SPD Candidate for Chancellorship During his campaign tour to the North Rhine-Westphalia region on 7 May 2013, Mr. Peer Steinbrueck, the...
Eritrea: 20 years of independence, but still no freedom Eritrea prisoners composite image.© Private While Eritrea celebrates its 20th anniversary...
Kofi Annan: Africa plundered by secret mining deals Under-pricing deprives Africa of much-needed money, the report says Tax avoidance, secret...
Stopp för alla svenska utvisningar till Eritrea Hittills i år har fyra personer utvisats till Eritrea. Men nu är det stopp på det. I går...
Eritrea jailed 'at least 10,000' political prisoners: Amnesty Nairobi: Eritrea's hardline regime has jailed at least 10,000 political prisoners, many in "unimaginably...
Egypt drowns in the Nile ‘water war’ Abdel Latif el-Menawy Three years ago I warned of the water crisis and the Renaissance Dam via...
The telephone, the new weapon of Eritreans in exile Galvanised by the Arab spring, Eritreans in exile in Europe are mobilising against the authoritarian...
Public Announcement Eritrean Democratic Association (EDA) invites your participation at a Fundraising Dinner Party to...
Eritrean Democratic Association, Inc (EDA) Hosting a Fundraising Event in Oakland CA. 2013 Fundraising Event for Wad-Sherifey Eritrean Refugee School and War Disabled Eritreans in Eastern...